Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Snow Daze


 

Here I sit stoking a fire, with the TV on and my girls flanking me on either side covered in blankets. We are in day two of our school districts snow days. It is cold and slippery outside and warm and toasty inside. This has sent my Christmas preparation into a tail spin. How do you wrap and shop when your children are standing by watching your every move?

Although my girls are in their teens, I still love the element of surprise on Christmas morning. Having them lurking about as I try to complete the final phases of my holiday prep is cramping my style. This twist of fate has also made me a bit lazy. I am still sitting in my robe with my feet up at 10:00 AM in the morning. I have cookies to bake, gifts to wrap and shopping to finish and yet here I sit like a lump. I am in a snow daze. It is a symptom of a snow day and it is quite common. It sends the most dedicated person with tasks abounding into their robe and slippers. Suddenly my agenda means nothing. HELP!!

I would continue to write but I am busy watching America's Next Top Model with my girls, just a little judgment to get the day off to a winning start. Not a proud moment for me, but it is warm and toasty here, cold and slippery out there and my kids are still nearby watching my every move. I guess I will just relax and enjoy my snow daze.

No comments: