Thursday, December 2, 2010

Dash Away, Dash Away, Dash Away All!



These are not Santas little helpers!
 I had thought that my week would stretch out in front of me with endless amounts of time. Mark has been gone on his business trip since Monday morning and in my mind the week was going to be easy going. I would accomplish a huge amount of things and relax and enjoy myself too. Well, that has not happened. I hit the ground running on Monday morning and I am still running this morning.

 
What happens to time? Where does it go? You start out with this clean slate and end up with a full schedule that runs into the next day, and all you can think is AGGGHHH! My head is spinning with all the things I have left to accomplish this week. On Saturday we are having our 5th annual progressive dinner with 3 other couples that are good friends of ours. I have been trying all week to do my normal weekly projects while I also add in little touches for the dinner. Somewhere along the way I thought it would be a great idea to buy a new shower curtain. I was pretty much over the theme I had going in my bathroom and wanted to update the look. All I can say at this point is "I could not have picked a worse time to start this project". What I thought would be a quick change of a shower curtain has turned into me wanting to paint my cabinets and by new do dads for my walls and counters. Why oh why could I not wait to do this until after Christmas?

 
Now I am running to the various stores looking for just the right blinds and counter décor on top of my already busy schedule. This includes grocery shopping, cleaning, caring for my family, cooking, laundry, Christmas shopping and writing. I find myself fantasizing about how Santa, who gets all around the world in 24 hours. If I could just learn his secret, maybe I would be able to get everything done. I know I am not alone. There is something about having company that makes a woman want to perk up her décor and buy new sheets and towels. I suppose I should confess, I did buy new hand towels, but I talked myself out of buying new bath towels until next pay day. I know you are amazed at my restraint!

 
My energy this morning is spinning out of control. I feel like one of those drag racers that spin its wheels just before it takes off. If I had a sleigh today it would have dragster wheels on it so that when I landed I could still keep moving forward. My dogs are not up for pulling my sleigh; they just look at me as I yell "Dash away, dash away, dash away all!" My best shot is to just get moving and what is done will have to be enough. As long as we have a good meal, my friends will be happy. I am also pretty sure they have seen my bathroom enough times to be understanding while I am in transition.

 
I have no time to waste, I must make haste
Get on the road, it is time to go
If I start to slow, someone let me know
I have people to see and places to go.
HO HO HO Merry Christmas!

No comments: