Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Cork Blew

Yesterday morning I lost it. It was not pretty and a better person would feel badly…I don’t. After canceling a previous appointment for senior pictures yesterday was the day to take my youngest for senior photos. After weeks of asking questions, trying to help her pick out outfits and getting pushed back, I was insistent that I was not funding a debacle, if pictures were going to happen I was going to need some cooperation. That’s when the weeks of cranky push back met the crankier pushed back mother.

I had reached my limit days ago and I was just praying that all would be in order. I AM NOT a seat of your pants gal and especially when I am going to invest in something I want to know there is at least an attempt at success. Honestly, if you do not care, why should I? So… I screamed like a lunatic and acted like a nut and felt sad, frustrated and embarrassed. All I could say to my husband was that I had weeks of rage tamped down inside and just like Old Faithful in Yellowstone Park I had to blow.

Even the most kind and understanding parent has a breaking point. I of course am not the kind understanding one I am the parent that has a limit and says what the limit is and expects everyone to get it. When the limit is ignored I try to hold on but after too much ignoring of my line in the sand I break.

Anyway, after the break we regrouped. Nothing was really said about the fact that I went nuts, we all just moved on, sorted through outfits stitched up a dress and ironed a few things. Then we put everything in the car and headed to see the photographer. Mom went crazy and everyone acted like it never happened, dysfunction at its best.


All in all it was a good evening of picture taking. My youngest looked so pretty and pulled together lovely looks and we all came home happy. Win/win, except for the piece of me that knows I was wrong. I have a different path to take with my youngest and it is unfamiliar territory. I have to get the hang of this quickly because it will not be long before we have an empty nest and I really want my babies to want to come back. Yeah, even crazy people have feelings!    

No comments: