Wednesday, August 7, 2013

I have been a huge blogging disappointment this summer. I know it and you obviously know it. I tried writing when I was on my trip to England but the lack of free WIFI and the constant on the bus, off the bus, into hotel, check out of hotel did not make for a cohesive writing environment. I am really trying to turn my behavior around. Before I go too much farther, I have to admit that blaming this behavior specifically on one trip is unfair. It has been a busy summer and the busy is not over yet and in the past I have been much busier, so why this sudden lapse of love for blogging?

Honestly, I just lost my confidence and inspiration. I would sit down to write, throw down a few lines and then stare at them, all the while thinking that they were lack luster words that no one would have an interest in. To make matters worse, I was certain that my writing bloom had fallen off my rose and I was sharing, well….basically crap! I felt like my words were boring and not the slightest bit worth the effort. Why would anyone want to read such drivel?

Just the other day, I wrote about A Critical Me, you know, how I kept picking on myself until my daughter called me out about it? Well, that has been me in a nutshell all summer. Second guessing myself and worrying I am boring. When I was plagued by estate and family drama I thought I had more to offer to you. Now when I write it is just Mama drama, house and home drama, back to school, moving away and marriage drama. Is that even worth sitting down with my computer?

So here is the deal. I’m going to write. I am going to try very hard to write every day. You just need to know that I know some days are not very good. I am here shaking my head many days knowing that I have not put my best foot forward or in the words of A Critical Me, “I could do better.” With that said, I feel a little better. I have confessed my writing sins and can move forward with a lighter heart.



No comments: