Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Speed

With this sudden change of plans and Aly leaving for school a day early, I am trying to cram my life into a tiny amount of time. I feel like my brain is whirring ahead while my body is running in place. It feels like I am going fast, but not fast enough and all I can do is let my mind go and hold on.

The feeling in the air is excitement and hurry and I am worried that a ball will be dropped or something will be forgotten. Something being forgotten is the best case scenario. What if because we are rushing something happens or what if I am expected to do something and I forget or what if…anyway you get the point.

Regardless my middle daughter will be climbing in her car at 6:00 AM tomorrow morning and heading to her job orientation and her new apartment. All grown up with a little back up from Mom and Dad, who will be following on Saturday with a trailer of furniture and a car full of her belongings. Another child launched on the world and raring to go, isn't life amazing? The one codicil is that her little sister is going along to co-pilot and hang out with her until we (Mom and Dad) get up to school with her things.


Tonight there is a farewell bonfire in our backyard with some of her friends and then tomorrow morning a quiet and probably tearful farewell. The tears will be happy proud tears and all though I will see her on Saturday it’s a mother’s right to cry when she sends her babies off into the world. Tears of joy and pride, tears of sadness for the changes life brings and tears of happiness that the changes life brings are always a journey where we learn lessons and share life. Hopefully the high speed driving force that we feel this morning will subside into a slow methodical well thought out rhythm that we can all handle without going off on each other. Slow and steady wins the race…right?  

No comments: