Friday, March 11, 2011

Tsunami

I woke up this morning planning to celebrate my Mom's birthday. March 11, 1937, Mary Elizabeth Frizzell was born; she would have been 74 today. While I still plan to celebrate with my family this evening, my mind and heart is focused on the 8.9 earthquake in Japan and the tsunami that followed. I am braced as I am watching CNN knowing that the tsunami is on its way to Hawaii and eventually the west coast of the United States.

This news has my attention. The pictures of the disaster in Japan are heartbreaking; there are toppled buildings and waves of water pounding Japan. I am now watching the clock as they tell us that the tsunami is only minutes away from Hawaii. While my focus today will be on this disaster, there will be memories that float through my mind of my Mom and my life with her.


 


 


 

No comments: