Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Is it Spring Yet?


I heard birds chirping last night. Even with a chill in the air the birds are venturing out and making their way to our bird feeder. There is a light hearted lilt in their chirps, like they know that we are just a short time away from a breath of fresh spring air.


 
Early Sunday morning we sprang forward one hour on our clocks. This tradition has a habit of zapping even the hardest of souls and making them tired and worn. This is one spring tradition that I believe should include the Monday after as a holiday. Once we spring forward our bodies go haywire trying to figure out what the heck is going on. We spend the entire day tired even though we had the usual amount of sleep. What's that about?

 
While snow is not an issue for me I do find that I am becoming more anxious for some warm weather. I want to open some windows and feel a breeze. I am also starting to long for a few moments respite on my deck. I can feel it now, warm sun pouring down on me while I rock in my patio chair. Soon it will not be a day dream, the warm sun will be reality and I plan to bask in it. In the mean time, I continue to dress warm, but in layers just in case we have a sudden heat wave.

 
I plan to take my cue from the birds. They seem happy and excited, and that is what I want to be too. Maybe just for a minute today I will open the window for a breath of fresh air and if it doesn't rain like the weather forecasters are calling for, I just might take a walk in the fresh air too. Perhaps this will get me chirping. I guess we are at the point in the year where we start to ask, is it spring yet?

No comments: