Thursday, March 24, 2011

The God Box

At our church this weekend they were giving away God boxes. The boxes were given to families with young children, so we did not bring one home with us, but I liked the idea and thought I would share it today, here is how it works. When you have a prayer request or gratitude, you place it in the box. You also can place special items that you treasure or collect as memories. This box is a great way to teach your children to bring their lives to God. I really like the concept. When they first talked about it over the weekend, I thought it was a cute idea and then this morning I had a light bulb moment when I thought "DUH, they are teaching the kids to bring things to God!" The idea immediately went from cute to amazing.

Now I have decided that I would like a God box too. So many times in my every day coming and going I forget that I have a soft place to fall and carry the weight of my troubles myself. Perhaps having a physical place to carry the weight to would help me release it sooner rather than later. I tend to forget that my life is already in His hands and that sharing with Him my troubles helps Him to mold and shape me into the person I am meant to be. So, maybe I need to find myself a God box. Nothing fancy, just someplace that will help me remember "Your world is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path" Psalm 119:105


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 

No comments: