Monday, May 2, 2011

Smoke and Rumbling



That rumbling you hear is my tummy, and the smoke you smell is my hair on fire! Today, I have my annual checkup scheduled. In addition today is Avery's faux birthday. I call it faux, because her birthday is actually tomorrow, but since there is a special program at the school tomorrow night that Avery and Aly are involved in, we are having her birthday dinner and celebration tonight.

 
Why I thought I should schedule my checkup today is beyond me. I was asked to not eat until after I have my blood drawn so, I am starving as I smell the fragrant birthday cake I have baked, floating in the air. I have to keep reminding myself not to lick the spoon or even make a cup of coffee. I am also feeling like I should have had a little more protein yesterday. I am borderline shaky and I do not want to be so weak I cannot make it into the doctor's office.

 
After my appointment I have one more present to wrap and then I have her special dinner request to pull together. It is called engagement chicken and I made it a few weeks ago to rave reviews, so when asked for her meal choice Avery immediately requested this dinner, which will include mashed potatoes and fresh garlicky green beans. Just writing about food is intensifying my desire to eat!

 
Since Avery's birthday is once again set aside for an event, Mark and I told her she could take tomorrow off school and we will take her to the movies. Honestly, as much as she complains about everything happening on her birthday (EX; My oldest Ashleigh was married May 3rd, my Dad died on May 3rd, Ashleigh and Aly both have had plays on May 3rd in the past), it seems that she actually ends up making out quite well because we are so concerned she feel slighted. The fact that something came up on May 3rd is not even a shock or surprise at all. It is just a matter of course now.

 

The really tough part of all of this is that Mark and I are leaving Wednesday morning for a few days vacation with Ashleigh and Scott so we are also running around trying to get packed and get everything done around the house before we leave, thus my hair being on fire. I somehow must go to my appointment this morning, finish my wrapping, pick up some balloons, finish my laundry, start to pack, vacuum, set the table and make the dinner, all before Mark's Mom and Dad come tonight and Avery gets home! Fortunately, Avery starts drivers training today and she has a voice lesson right after. This give me time to get everything done…I hope. That fragrant smell of cake with a little light smell of burning hair intertwined, is a lovely addition to that loud thunderous noise my tummy is making, 9:30AM cannot get here fast enough this morning!


I have included a picture today of Avery standing by the local "ROCK" where Aly along with Avery's bestfriends, painted it especially for her! How cool is that!!!

No comments: