Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Reality Show

Yesterday as my family spent the afternoon with my friend Teresa and her family she asked me why I had not written on Saturday or yesterday. She shared that she had come to the blog twice in anticipation of reading on what she knew to be my schedule and there was nothing. She felt let down. There had been no entry on Saturday or Monday, my usual days for posting and no notice that I was not planning to write.

On Saturday I was exhausted. I slept in later then I have slept in years possibly to the point that I had made myself more tired. The thought of writing had no appeal to me at all. I just had no energy to plunk my fingers down on the keys of my computer even for a second. I really did not think that it would matter that I missed a day.

Saturday night as I talked with friends at a holiday weekend get together we were talking about reality shows and I shared how I have no patience for reality TV. I honestly do not understand why people find other people's lives played out in front of them good television. That's when it hit me; I have my own reality show right here. Every day I write out my life for the world to read, yet I stood in judgment of those that play out their lives on TV. I kept holding myself above those reality "stars" never considering that I share my reality here every day.

The reality of what I do really hit home when Teresa shared that she had missed my blog. Teresa made note that Saturday and Monday are not my normal days off and she had wondered what was up. I guess the truth is I am a reality blogger. I play out most of my life on the web every day. What started out as a way to find myself has become interesting reading to some and this blog is looked for everyday but Sunday by others. Knowing that I should now apologize to those of you that I disappointed this weekend when I dropped the ball. In my mind I thought it would not matter, but I was wrong. I promise you that in the future I will keep you updated on my plans so that you do not come to the blog only to be disappointed. I am still not sure what is so interesting about my reality, but I have a renewed sense of responsibility to my blog. I will be writing Monday through Saturday each week unless I warn you ahead of time. I will not be writing on holidays, which explains my lapse yesterday. I still intend to let my reality show so Teresa can relax and know that I am back on track and sincerely sorry I dropped the ball!

No comments: