Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Miss Understood


So sometimes you set out with the best of intentions and you fall flat on your face. You attempt to say or do something that you are sure will be a good thing and it is misunderstood or even tossed aside like yesterdays news. Just now for example I suggested a blouse to my youngest for her choir concert tonight and she balked. Look, (I want to say) it is not like I am pinning you to the floor and putting it on you, settle down, it is just a suggestion. Isn't that what Mom's do? Help, suggest, run around making things right? Apparently, this is out dated…or maybe, I am out dated. Hmn, that's something to think about.


 
I am not going to sit here and say that every time I make a suggestion, it is a good one. I am merely saying that I try to think things through and if it seems like there is a better option, I am going to point it out. Sometimes this blows up in my face, like it did last night. I am not going to get into the gory details, but let's just say that I was trying to point out another option and apparently my delivery of the said option was not taken well. In my defense, I am full of anxiety right now. I am stressed to the max trying to hold up the lantern of life so that my daughter can see her way through this sticky teen patch she is in, and she is not receptive to my support. I am feeling over whelmed and underappreciated and basically, you can call me…Miss Understood.



I like that name. It has a certain ring to it, respectful yet to the point, Miss Understood. I am really not trying to "get my way", or "run the show" I am trying to look at things from every angle and come up with the best solution. I have always been this way. Honestly, it is like I have a bag full of ideas and I throw them on the table and try to sort out the best one. Sometimes I will be confident that my idea is a good one and I will be repacking my bag and realize, "Nope, I have a better idea, let's try this instead". That is how I am, constantly scanning for the best deal, the best idea, the best option.


Now, because I am misunderstood I am moping around defensive and a little hurt. I want to pack up my lantern of life and tell my family to take a hike. They can head out without Miss Understood and find their way on their own. Good luck maneuvering through all the variables. I don't care, I will be here licking my wounds and I will not be feeling sorry for myself either. All right, that is a lie; I am feeling very sorry for myself right now. I just wanted to make things better instead I created a big messy family brawl. Or did I? Maybe they all just misunderstood and that needs to be corrected, but now Miss Understood is gun shy and does not want to bring it up again. Somehow I have to get back up on my Mom saddle and get back to making things right. Agh, some days I really hate this job! This is one of those days where Mom will have to just put on her big girls panties and get back to work. Good deal or bad deal, aggravated or not there is a situation that needs straightening out, and Miss Understood is just the person to do it!

No comments: