Monday, October 18, 2010

52 Pick Up


Phew, that is how I feel about making my way through the weekend, especially Saturday. It was go, go, go all day. My anxiety about how the day would play out dissipated after we left the play and I was heading to drop Avery at the dinner with her friends. Aly and Ashleigh drove home and started getting Aly ready to head to her friends pre dance party. Things were running smoothly and I convinced myself that I was sliding into home. Big mistake!

 
Once home I found Aly still here and she was pretty anxious herself. She had been disappointed by a friend, (which I did not know) and she was very unhappy. In walks madam oblivious (me) questioning her about where she is going, (since I did know the friend that was having the party or where she lived) and Aly snapped. There were some snotty words exchanged and then I put my cards on the table. "When you get to Christie's you need to call me with her address" more snotty words and then I explained "Look, if you never made it to Christie's, I would never know, since she does not know me and would not call me, she would call your cell phone" then I added "I do not want to explain to the police that you are missing but, I do not know where you were going or who you were with!" That seemed to set her straight and she went on her way and gave us a call when she got there with the information I had requested.

 
The thing is that on top of my busy day on Saturday, I also received an email on Friday with more papers dealing with my Mom's estate, and I get more and more disappointed in my Dad after each information transfer. We may never know the extent of all of his deceit and I am so sad that he is turning out to be even less of a person then I already thought he was. I am frustrated, confused, and sad and overwhelmed by what we continue to learn. It feels like the card game 52 Pickup, that I learned when I was a little girl. The idea is you invite another player to play 52 Pickup with you and then you throw the cards all over the floor for and tell them to pick up the mess. Right now, this game of 52 Pickup involves a lot of legal papers and it is extremely frustrating. Once again I am fortunate to have my sister to help me maneuver the maze. It does not however make the frustration at being in this situation any less. We are both feeling like there is even more information hiding out there and we are not sure if we can take much more. There will most definitely be more and we can only hope that we find it soon and can put this drama behind us. For now the game continues and my sister and I are on our knees cleaning it up.

No comments: