Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Twofer Tuesday


I started to write yesterday and then I stopped. I was steaming along typing away and then my brain just had nothing left to give. My little brain engine just couldn't go any farther. That means that today you get two blogs, my finished Advisable blog below and this one, lucky you (I say smirking).

Today I am waiting for Mark to arrive home after a trip to Atlanta. He has been offered a new job and now we need to decide if it will work for us. We do not have to move, he would work from home and travel to Atlanta once a month. The working from home is something many are doing now and Mark is very good about staying on task and getting his work done. I however am not sure how I feel about sharing my space.

That’s right I am selfish and like to have my house to myself. I am sure you are thinking I am a terrible person for being more concerned with my issues than the overall big picture of Mark having a new job that would make him happy. Honestly I am not more concerned for myself, but when he called last night to say he was considering taking the job I found myself making a mental list of how that would change my life.

Here is my list:
Someone would be here keeping tabs on me during the day!

That’s my list. No longer would I be accountable to just myself each day, I would be explaining every move to my husband. Things like why I am leaving or where I am going. Perhaps I would have to explain why I am not doing something around the house and heading out with a friend. As I reread this I am struck by the fact that overall my concern is that my husband working from home will cramp my style…SHAME ON ME!

Seriously, if this job is something he wants and it will make him happy, then I am all for it. We will figure this all out if and when we have to. I believe change is a good thing and it is not always easy. When Mark gets home I will listen to his concerns and talk with him about mine. I am certain that between the two of us we can make anything work. In the end it is all about compromise. I wonder how he would feel about being locked in the basement from 8:00AM until 5:00PM. OH SETTLE DOWN, I’m just kidding!

No comments: