Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Purr


I have two cats (Emeril and Oliver) that live with me in addition to my dog Roxanne. You may have noticed that the cats live with me, but the dog is mine. That is because you never really own a cat. Cats are happily in charge of themselves and they are the first to remind you they need no one…except for when they want to eat. In my opinion, one of the best things about cats is their purr.

Cats can turn on their purr any time they want to show how happy they are. Cats are not reserved about their purr they will gladly share it with anyone who will listen (or cuddle). The purr for me is like a pat on the back for a job well done in feeding our cats and cleaning their litter box. Nothing beats a content cat purring on your lap letting you know how special you are to them.

I often wonder if we as people would benefit from being able to purr. For some sharing our heart or even letting on how happy we are is difficult to put into words. Perhaps if we had the option to just purr quietly we could let on how happy we are. I wonder how the world would change if we all shared a contented purr with one another from time to time.

I know this thought might sound silly and simple, but if you own a cat you know what I am talking about. When my cats purr it spreads a warmth and comfort to me. I find I want to pet my cats and love them more just to hear their quiet rumbling joy pour out. If only we could share our love and appreciation as easily. I may have to take note of the hapless purr and work to find a way to share my love as easily. Learning to Share your love is always something to work towards. 

No comments: