Monday, April 22, 2013

Sunny Monday


Monday…today’s high points are that the sun is out and it will be somewhat warmer today than what it has been. Heat and sun always seem to contribute to a more positive and up lifted spirit, at least for me. Although the temperature right now is in the upper thirties the weather forecast is calling for upper fifties or lower sixties later today, and I am thrilled. I am ready to whip out my spring clothes and shed the heavy coat. Having been under the weather for the last couple of weeks, I am looking forward to getting back to the daily grind and having a day or two of warm sunny weather would be a bonus.

This week my daughter Aly is taking her finals at college. This signals the end of her first year in college and the time has gone much faster than I had expected. In addition to an official tour of Aly’s college campus with my youngest on Friday, I also loaded up my car with several large containers of clothes and various dorm items and brought them home. This way she can just pack her car with what little is left and head home after her last final on Thursday. Life is just moving along and I am dashing alongside as best I can.

I am at the tail end of whatever the crud was that took a hold of my system and laid me out for the last two weeks. I still have a bit of a cough and the need for tissues here and there, but over all I am on the mend and pretty darn happy about it. What would make me heal even faster would be that warm air and sunshine I noted earlier. We may be on the right path, the birds are certainly enjoying the morning, and so, I am going to think positive, put on something springy and make an attempt at grocery shopping and errands, tasks that have been avoided for the last couple weeks because I had no energy for anything except coughing and blowing my nose (too much information, I know!). There might even be a chance that I will start to write about more interesting things as the week goes on…we can only hope.

No comments: