Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Stress Wheel


Letting go of stress and worry is never easy. Sometimes I think that when one load of stress dissipates, another starts to develop. There is a constant rotation of one stress or another at varied degrees of intensity. Some stress is mine and some of the other stress comes from my loved ones who are also part of my stress rotation. My mind lately is like a Ferris wheel, where there is stress on the high end and stress on the low end…round and round it goes.

I am working hard to let go of the stress. When you think about it, there will always be things that stress you. It’s not like stress will ever disappear from our lives, stress is just part of life and it is what you do with it that matters, not the stress it’s self. Is it possible to let go completely of worry and concern?

I know that people are meant to evolve so it makes sense that through worry and strife we learn and change…hopefully. After we get a handle on the worry and concern, the Ferris wheel turns and a new more challenging event begins. If you are lucky perhaps the big stress is actually small in comparison to past stress.

I only bring this whole topic up because my Ferris wheel is turning and I am very alarmed at where it will stop next. I am really trying to be open minded and let the chips fall where they may, but my need to control makes the ride a little bumpy. I want to know that life has my back and that life is good with giving me a stress break, but we all know that is not going to happen…but I am trying to turn over a new leaf, so let’s just say that I will remain cautiously optimistic.

No comments: