Friday, May 17, 2013

A Husband with Less Stress


This morning Mark left for his last day of work at his current job, he climbed in the car and took his last stressful hour long drive to our metro area. It was a calm low intensity morning with my happy husband and you could feel the relief in the air. After over a year of ups and downs in this stressful and unfulfilling job he is free. I am proud of my husband, he did not like his job, but he always gave 120% of himself every single day. He leaves this job with people sorry to see him go. He did not like it, but he gave it his best and he is now respected and will be missed. That is a big deal!

What a great example to our children that in spite of the stress and frustration he hung in there until something better came along. It was not easy, he had his crazy wife griping about the ridiculous expectations they placed on their employees, this on top of the ridiculous expectations from work. You figure he had to feel like he was squeezed in a vice. I am lucky he did not go crazy.

There is nothing better than seeing your husband calm and happy. Because I am who I am though I felt the need to caution him that (my favorite fortune cookie phrase) “Every job has its dirty dishes.” The plus side is that he knows these dishes and they are comfortable. I am sure if his company had not moved to Atlanta, he would have still been there plugging away. In the end even my fortune cookie wisdom cannot bring him down.

So after a couple of days off Mark will head to Atlanta and the next phase for us will begin. Mark and I are going to take a night away on Sunday, so I will not be writing Monday morning, but on Tuesday I will share with you some more exciting news. It seems our Ferris wheel is flying high and we are going to take some time to enjoy the ride. Ahhhh it feels good to have less stress!

No comments: