Thursday, January 5, 2012

Energy Source

I love the sun. I love a beautiful sunny day, whether it is warm or cold the sun makes my day. This morning as I look out my window at 7:30AM, it is still gray and murky and I find myself struggling for energy and I believe that it is the fact that the sun is nowhere in sight. My life is in turmoil right now, and I find myself looking in random unused parts of my brain for calming and energizing outlets. I need to feel centered and clear headed and at the same time be energized enough to be emotionally and physically available. Since there is no sun in sight I have chosen to light a candle and gaze at its warm light.

Our lives require endless amounts of energy these days. Not only are our schedules filled to the brim, we own every possible gadget that requires being connected to an energy source to sustain it. If we can take the time to connect a cell phone or computer to a much needed source of energy to recharge, why is it so hard to offer that same boost to ourselves?

Yesterday I took some time to recharge my emotional battery by having coffee and talking with a friend, over the weekend I connected with another friend that has tolerated me for the last twenty five years and today I plan to do a little baking which always seems to center me. I have chosen to make an effort to offer myself enough energy to keep me up and running. If the sun is not going to shine, maybe it is up to me to shine up my insides and glow from the inside out.

It would be nice if there were charging stations for people that were as easily accessible as the ones that are cropping up for cars in many cities, or even outlets that were open for us to plug into like we do our laptops and phones. Since we are not inanimate objects and we are able to think for ourselves, the responsibility for our energy falls to us. Recharging ourselves is always at the bottom of the list, yet it is probably the most important. There is no convenient outlet ready and waiting for us to plug into.

A warm glow from a candle and a walk in the crisp winter air may do the trick. A batch of warm cookies and a yummy dinner prepared to warm my family from the inside out on this cold winter day are all good starts to making a little energy go a long way. Somewhere in the turmoil is a centered place and with a little work I will make my way to an energy source so that my battery is low light will stop flashing.

I am just curious, what recharges your battery?

No comments: