Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Off We Go Again

Is Roxanne not the cutest puppy princess ever??

I woke up at 5:00 AM this morning and went for a run with Mark 3.5 miles later we were home. Before we left I threw our sheets into the washer and when we got back my comforter went in the washer and the sheets into the dryer. I made Mark and me some breakfast, walked the dog and poked around on my computer. At 7:00 AM I walked 4 miles with my girlfriends, got home put the comforter in the dryer and made myself a cup of coffee.
Ideally this would be the end of my day, but it is not. I still have to get my car washed and the oil changed. I have a return at a local store and because I am out of my mind I still have to give my dog a bath and because I am even nuttier I will give my cat a bath too. All this is in preparation for us to leave town again tomorrow. The cat being washed is not a necessity, but since I am already hauling one animal into the tub I figured I would do my biannual washing of the cat to remove his extra fur and dander. It is almost like having two days in one.

 
I like having everything tidy when I go away. I like coming home to a clean house and clean sheets. I should also add that yesterday I mowed and weed whacked my yard because that needs to look nice too. I know I am nuts, but it feels good to actually want to do some of this stuff again. I have been to down in the dumps the last year or so to even put out the energy to do much of anything, so while I have the energy, I want to get some use out of it. Since we will be traveling I want the car clean and fresh too. We will pile our stuff and our dog into the car tomorrow morning and hit the road at 4:00 AM. I know what you are thinking, do these people ever sleep? I wonder that myself.

 
We are off to Rochester, New York to visit with Marks friends from college and we will also tour a college while we are there. Originally, Aly had two in Rochester, New York on her list, but after some tough talk (about paying for herself), she did some investigating and realized that a little help might not hurt and took the expensive college off her list and added a different Michigan college to her list instead. My head is spinning with senioritis and we have not even started school yet. I hope to make it to June with as much energy as I am ending August with, but at this pace it seems like a long shot.

 
It will be good to get away and I hope to relax and laugh and recharge my emotional battery. There will be a lot to do for my Aunt's estate when we return and my Mom's estate is still dragging on and on. Apparently, being married to my Dad for four months his widow thinks she is entitled to a lot more than she truly is and so we have had to ask our attorney to put the hammer down. Ironically, when both of the estates are finally settled, the lawyers will be the ones that truly win!

 
It is now 8:36 AM and my day is getting away from me so I better jump in the shower and get busy (or busier). My coffee is getting cold and my anxiety about my tasks and packing have me geared up. The good thing is I am excited about our get away and looking forward to spending time with our friends. I am glad I can bring my puppy princess Roxanne too. So, off we go again, however at this rate I might be off my rocker before tonight.

No comments: