Thursday, August 11, 2011

Making a Run for It!


 

Mark and I are at it again. We are training for an 8K race at the end of August. I am slowly working my way up to my goal of running a 10K one day. 8K is actually 5.1 miles and last night we ran 4.55 miles, so I think I am just about there. I know I can do it, because I have so much stress and anxiety that it propels me forward. I find myself telling myself as I run, "You can do this, just keep going!"

That is the metaphor for my life right now, "just keep going". If I stop moving forward, I will lose it. Every step I take gets me closer to being out of all of these messes. On Tuesday I had a half hour conference call for my Mom's estate smack in the middle of a get together with some friends. Yesterday I had to spend another hour sorting through my Aunt's papers and making copies to send to her trust attorney. The only thing I really want to do right now is spend some time with my kids and relax. This estate stuff has begun to be more like a full time job. This is why I am running, so that maybe it will help relieve some of the stress.

I am making a run for it. I may not be able to run away, but I can get through this. It is just a matter of time and things will slowly start to settle down. Once that happens, I will be right in the middle of my daughter Aly's Senior year and busy flinging my money at everyone that wants a piece of that action. I know I can do this, I know I can get through every estate issue and even senior year; I just need to concentrate on moving forward, breathing and focusing on my goals. This will help me in life and in my 8K race on August 27th. All I need to do is "Make a run for it!"

No comments: