Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Hanging On


 

Let's see…we have had five showings at my Aunt's house so far, with three offers. The house has barely been on the market 48 hours. In addition the house is completely cleaned out and her ashes are waiting to be interned at the cemetery. It seems like a good time for one of the Grandson's to send a letter with concern about the attorney and trustee (me) "frittering" away his "Grandmother's legacy".

I am in no mood for this crap and while at first I was hurt and sad now I am just MAD! Frittering; Really? Where were you when we were frittering away our time while moving your Grandma from one care facility to the other, or when Mark or I were standing with her at the hospital when she had fallen again and continued to refuse to leave her home?

How about you explain your concern about this so called legacy? How about calling it what it really is…MONEY? The legacy was what I was told was sentimental stuff and of no interest to you. Please try to remember that your Grandmother was my Aunt longer then you have been alive and she has always had more to offer than money.

Also the fact that you are up in arms because you are not being treated like adults makes me laugh. You said you would be back the next day when my Aunt was dying and you never showed up again or called. Less than a week after she died you were calling about her estate and when you had the chance to come through her home and choose your "legacy" one of you came and tried to unlock the house to get back in later and the other of you chose not to show up, that is hardly adult behavior. Oh and by the way, I would like the garage door opener back that you took from the house. You have continuously made commitments that you have not kept, again not adult behavior. If you want to be treated like an adult you are going to have to act like one. Sending letters and making posturing threats only aggravates an already difficult situation.

I am hanging on, but barely. I have no respect at all for the behavior that has been exhibited since my Aunt died. In the midst of this I have my own life chugging away and I would like to enjoy it a little. Somehow I must find a way to set this aside and move on. I just have to hang on a little longer…

No comments: