Monday, August 22, 2011

Heading Home Again

Our final summer trip is over and we are heading home. The car is quiet. We are happy to be heading home and sad to be leaving it is a mix of emotion. Another summer trip packed full of activity and fun is over. Tomorrow is the final high school registration for Aly and Wednesday is Avery's sophomore registration. We are face to face with the end of summer and the beginning of another school year.

This is the week every year where I normally make a list of the things I should have done, but this year I am thankful we could squeeze in what we did and excited to get Aly's senior year up and running. Our college search has ignited some excitement about the future and I am looking forward to seeing where Aly ultimately ends up going to college.

Right now I need to relax and enjoy my car ride, because in a few hours I will be starting several loads of laundry, and I will also begin gathering all my garage sale items and carting them over to my girlfriends house. This Thursday and Friday, my girlfriend and I will be spending our time selling off our cast off treasures in hopes of making a little extra cash.

I look forward to being home again and preparing for the garage sale and the new school year. Time continues to march forward whether you march along or not. I might as well enjoy a little of this peace and quiet during our journey home, I will not have it again for a few days.

No comments: