Friday, August 19, 2011

Ahhhhhhhh




Early morning sea glass hunting with Mark as my camera man
 This morning I woke up and dressed and headed out with our friends to search for sea glass. It was peaceful and relaxing to have no agenda and roam the beach. This afternoon we are heading to a state park and perhaps a little wine tasting at some of the area vineyards along the Finger Lakes of New York state. This is just what an over stressed Mom needs right now. Ahhhhh, Deep breathing, calm, relaxing and fun this is just what the doctor ordered.

 
Yesterday we arrived in Rochester, New York at about 10:30 AM. We dropped off our dog Roxanne and our youngest Avery with our friends and headed out to Rochester Institute of Technology for an information session and tour with Aly. After two hours of information and tours we were ready to buy their t-shirt for Aly's college tour collection and get back to our friends home for the start of some rest and relaxation. The hard part has been that Aly's friend that was supposed to come along on our trip bailed at the last minute and we are now stuck with a sullen, temperamental teenager that is annoyed because "I'm bored and there is nothing to do!" I have decided that I will do my best to placate her but it is not my job to make or keep her happy. Random encouraging words here and there are all I have to offer.

 
Add to the mix the email I received from my Aunt Nina's Trust attorney this morning telling me that I now have to find a buyer for the piano that her Grandson insisted that he wanted. The attorney is certain that he (the grandson) is not going to follow through (no, really?) with getting a mover for the piano before we have to close on the sale of the house, so now I have another mess of the Grandson's to mop up. Gee, I wonder why we do not treating them like adults, don't you? At this point I am starting to hate the technology that keeps the world so connected on the one hand and glad to know all of this now and not get slapped with it when I get home on the other.

 
It will be good to be immersed in nature and fun with our friends today and the rest of the weekend. I will recharge my emotional battery and come out swinging. With that in mind, I think I will take tomorrow off from my writing and keep the computer tucked safely in its bag where I will not be tempted to read anymore emails. Ahhhhhh!

No comments: