Monday, January 17, 2011

Remember Your Deeper Needs

Hello friends, I am guest blogging for Ragen today while she takes the day off to focus on feeling better.

When I received the phone call from my mom this morning, I was surprised to hear her normally cheerful, outgoing voice soft and weak.  “Oh, no; what’s wrong?” I asked.  She proceeded to inform me that the devilish flu had made its way into their household and that she had quarantined herself into the bedroom.  Although I felt terrible for her, it really got me thinking about her “Loving Yourself” project and the ways in which we accomplish this. 

Often times we get so wrapped up in the hustle and bustle of our daily lives, that we ignore our deeper needs; our need for nutrition, sleep, mental peace, or even a moment of reconnection to God.  Unfortunately our bodies have a nasty way of telling us to slow down and take a break.  So here is my advice for the day:  take a little extra time to care for yourself.  Make time to exercise, eat a good meal, have a moment for silent reflection, and go to bed early.  Remember the only way we can take care of others, is if we take good care of ourselves first. 

No comments: