Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Crud Day 2


After some consideration, I decided to take Mark's advice yesterday and go to the doctor, and I am glad I did. Basically, I am infected from the neck up. My ears, sinuses and throat are all full of infection. When the doctor proclaimed his diagnoses yesterday, I'll I could say was "When did that happen?" I had little signs last week that my sinuses were uncomfortable, but we were on our end of the year whirlwind and I was not about to miss having our company over, celebrating New Year's with my friends and going to our friends wedding on New Year's day. Honestly, I felt like it was nothing my Neti pot (see below) couldn't cure.

 
So here I sit barking like a seal when I cough, afraid to swallow because it feels like a sander went sledding in my throat and wondering if what feels like a towel jammed up my nose will ever dislodge. When Aly was getting ready for her surgery, she had said that she couldn't wait for all the down time of lying on the couch and vegging and I had warned her she had better watch what she hopes for, because the grass always looks greener on the other side. Well, here I am on that side and quite honestly there is no place else I would rather be. Just the thought of moving makes me tired. Yesterday, I had to pick Aly up from school and I also picked up Avery so she could get a snack before play practice. I took her to get something and dropped her back off at school and by the time I got home with Aly I was worn out. That is actually when I decided that going to the doctor was a very good idea.

 
I plan to stay in my jammies today. Aly has arranged a ride home with a friend and Mark will pick up Avery after practice, so no one needs to worry about me being out spreading the Crud in my community. I am quite happy here with the dogs at my feet and the remote in my hand and at least for today, there is nowhere else I would rather be.


No comments: