Wednesday, January 19, 2011

On My Own


Well, I am on my own again. Mark hit the road yesterday morning heading to Toronto, Canada. This leaves me as Chief cook and bottle washer, Laundress, part-time Chauffer, Mom and Dad. While I do not have a problem running the show, I prefer not to.

 
There was a time in my life when I was Mom and Dad because I had to be now it is an occasional situation. Reality is that you just never know what life is going to throw at you, you have to be prepared. If you hold tightly to any one way of life or ideal, it could all come crashing down around you and then where would you be? While I will always prefer to just be the Mom, I also keep my limbs limber enough to do more when it is needed. I guess I just do not want to take for granted that life will always be exactly as it is now.

 
I never want to feel like anything is "supposed" to be a certain way. I believe that whatever I have now has been given to me by Someone Greater on loan. My life, my husband, my children are all here working in tandem to help me be the best I can be, but there may come a time when one of these or all of these could change. It is best that I know that in the end I must stand on my own.

 
Who I am, how I am and what I have become will be all that is judged at the pearly gates. No one else will be there to explain my mistakes or take the heat for them. It will be just me having my exit interview with the Great One and I am certain that there will not be a spot on the exit interview form to place blame.

 
Today I stand before you on my own. This is me, who I am and I am feeling good about it. I can handle life whatever is sent my way I just prefer to share it with my husband and children right now. But if there is a new twist waiting out there I am ready, willing and able to take up the challenge.

 
"The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. (Psalms 18:2)"

No comments: