Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Better But Not Great

I would first like to thank Ashleigh for jumping in and writing for me yesterday. I was not doing to good and I knew she would back me up with wisdom and grace, which she did.

I am not sure what is going on but my immune system seems to have shut down. Sunday night at about 6 PM I started feeling like I had been up for 24 hours, I was exhausted and went to bed about 8 PM, by the next morning I had a fever with nausea. What the heck is happening? Out of nowhere I am sick again. Today I am better, not great, but better. The fever is gone, but I am still fighting the nausea. Saltines are my new best friend!

The hard part is that there are things I want to do or need to do that will not get done. Being a mom when you are sick makes the toughest job you will do even tougher. I had all these ideas of things I was going to do yesterday since my kids were off school. Things I would do with them after my visit to Aunt Nina of course and none of that happened. Instead they spent the day worrying about me and probably watching more than their usual amount of TV. Aly did run out at one point and pick up some ginger ale for me and also some Lysol, since I do not want either of the girls getting sick. This is semester final exams week and having to miss exams would be awful!

This is probably my most rested winter on record. Between the Crud of 2011 and this bug, I feel like my pajamas are getting worn out. I am going to roll with it today, because I have things I really want to do tomorrow and if one more day of rest will make the difference, then I will make the sacrifice. I want to be on the road to great very soon. Pass me a saltine, please.

No comments: