Monday, January 31, 2011

Preparations

It is all anyone is talking about around our town, the snow that is expected to fall tomorrow night and through the day on Wednesday. I have heard 8 to 12 inches and I have heard 15 inches. Regardless of what you think about snow, there is no doubt we are going to get snow and a lot of it, so my motto is be prepared.

I have a box of brownies ready and waiting to mix up and bake and a box of hot cocoa too. I also have popcorn I can pop and food I can prepare. I think I will need a few more snacks, but other than that my house is ready. Our shovels are hung at the ready and thanks to a very handy friend of ours the snow blower is working once again. One way or the other we will get the snow out of the way.

A few years back we bought a couple pair of snow shoes, and I hope that we can get them out and hike around our neighborhood. Another neighbor in our subdivision has put out a call to all the kids and parents to plan on building snowmen in her yard. She will be giving away a dozen cookies to her favorite snowperson. Not one flake has dropped yet and we are all in a tizzy. The traditional pajamas inside out, flush an ice cube down the toilet and put a spoon under the pillow process will not be necessary this time, because there is definitely snow coming and we are all excited.

As I have mentioned many times in the past, I love my snow days. I love when my hurry up world slows down and my comfy pajamas or sweats are the order of the day and the kids are home sleeping in and relaxing. No one has an agenda and no one is stressed, it is just full out hanging out at its best. That is it, I am prepared for the major snowstorm of 2011…how about you?

No comments: