Thursday, January 27, 2011

Fits like A Glove


The last few days have been wonderful. My oldest daughter Ashleigh has been here visiting and it has been delightful. I enjoy our time together. It always feels like a piece of me has been returned when Ashleigh comes home.

Today is the last day of her visit and we plan to make the best of it by cramming in some shopping at my favorite produce store. Ashleigh wants to stock up on their delicious vegetables before heading home. It will be hard to see her go, since she will also be taking my granddog Louis home with her. I have enjoyed all of our shopping, talking and laughing. We just have a great rhythm together and honestly think so much alike that it scared us both sometimes.

 
There is a piece of me that absolutely loves time with all of my girls. It is fun to let our hair down and talk and laugh. It is especially wonderful when it is just one on one with each of them, because they are each so different from the others yet they are the same. It makes me smile inside to think that they all carry a little bit of me with them. The crazy silly me, the sentimental me and the, I'm not going to take any of your nonsense me all of it walking around scrambled up in different ways in each of these three young women. Oh boy, look out world!

 
Somehow it feels like a great fitting glove when we all get together. Each of us with our own sense of self with a sprinkle of family genetics mixed in. It is what makes my world go round. The time is coming when they will all be cast like flower pedals blowing in the wind landing in all the places they need to be and I will cherish these memories of special times together. I store every shopping trip, every quiet chat about life and love and every life lesson taught during a ride in the car or sitting relaxing together. Life is good when the glove fits and I am blessed with a custom batch of fabulous gloves.

No comments: