Monday, January 24, 2011

Late Start, Early Day

The call came at about 5:30 AM; the school district decided that it would start school two hours later because of the frigidly cold temperatures this morning. In one fell swoop, my day had an early start. I jumped out of bed showered and dressed and ran to the grocery store at 7:30 AM. My thought being that I could then send the girls on their merry way with my car and then I could snuggle here at home doing chores and getting ready for Ashleigh's visit tomorrow.

Ashleigh is home at last, her out of state job is through and she is coming to visit so that I can get some mom/daughter time and to pick up her dog Louis who has been staying with us for the last few months. I am excited to see Ashleigh and I am looking forward to hanging out and having some chick time with her. I am sad about Louis heading home though. He is always part of the family when he is here and he leaves a big hole when he leaves. I understand that Ashleigh wants her "baby" back I just don't have to like it.

Grocery shopping at 7:30 AM is very quiet. There are only store employees there (at the store) cleaning and filling shelves. I was able to weave the basket in and out of the aisles and make it back home by 8:15 AM. That has to be a world record. Now, I am ready to get myself in gear for cleaning and preparing for my daughters visit. I will have to sit in front of this cozy fire Mark built this morning just a little longer though, it is just too pretty to not gaze at for a few more minutes. Besides, the girls had a late start today it is only fair that I have one too.

No comments: