Friday, January 28, 2011

Changes

I was talking with a friend this morning about life and the changes that come with it. As we chatted, I shared with her that I feel like the harder you hang on to anything the less likely it seems you keep it. I found myself saying to her, "Life is about living, not having." As I said this I realized that this was actually my own personal life statement.

Perhaps it is from all the moving from one place to another in the early part of my life, or maybe even watching my parents and the choices they made, but somewhere along the line I learned that everything is temporary and nothing is ever a sure thing. I feel that knowing when to let go and let God handle it is one of the most important parts of who I am. I really do not let the prospect of change consume me. I actually look forward to it.

Life is not about the "stuff" I have, or the "stuff I can do" or the "stuff" I can get. To me life is about the people I know and spend time with. Life is also about the bridges that I cross and the challenges I face and if within the challenge I lose something I pick myself up and dust myself off and move on. Change is something to be embraced. This all actually goes along with my other life philosophy that "Everything happens for a reason".

All sorts of changes are swirling around us right now and I am braced and ready for whatever is placed in front of us. It feels a little like I am throwing confetti in the air. I am just tossing my life up and watching with excitement at where God places it as it lands. I am full of anticipation and wonder. I may not like what happens, but I have been here before and it turned out very well. This brings "everything happens for a reason" and "life is about living, not having" full circle into a head on collision! I am just going to take my hands and feet off the breaks and let go so that I can be ready for whatever is ahead.

No comments: