Thursday, March 28, 2013

Full MOON


The last couple of nights the moon has been full, a giant glowing orb standing guard in the sky. When the moon is full I notice that I as well as others have a change in mood and spirit. I am no longer able to brush off uncomfortable feelings. My temper seems shorter and my interest in pretty much anything is reduced to grumbling.

This morning I decided to do some reading about the full moon and behavior. There are many schools of thought and all of them are very scientificy (just made that word up). Basically I learned nothing because even the smart people that read Scientific American could not agree on if people really react to a full moon at all and if they believed that they did, they had varying reasons why. I basically just read the article and the first couple pages of 60 pages of comments and decided that if these smart people cannot figure it out or even agree, then I am not going to be able to do any better.

Mainly I am certain that I notice a difference in how I feel during a full moon and a significant increase in wackadoodle drivers on the road, which leads me to belief there is some validity to the hypothesis. Although I am using a couple of fancy words, do not be fooled…I know nothing! It’s just a feeling and honestly a woman’s intuition can out way a scientific hypothesis any day. You are just going to have to trust me on this, those short tempers and bad moods those are not coming out of nowhere so you had best prepare yourself for the day people. Do your very best to stay calm…use your deep breathing and above all pack your patience, because somebody somewhere is probably going to get on your nerves today. Just remember they just cannot help themselves, it’s the moons fault!

No comments: