Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Slow and Steady



Just for fun, my body has decided to give me a hard time. I have been on an antibiotic for one issue that has not cleared up and today I am heading back to the doctor to be rechecked and I am certain I will be put back on another antibiotic. Yesterday I went to the dentist for my 6 month check and cleaning. While I was there I pointed out to the hygienist that I had this weird bump on my upper gum that had seemed to be better since my first round of antibiotic for the other (previously mentioned) issue. “Hmm” said the nice hygienist (who was obviously concerned but trying not to alarm me) “I think I will take an x-ray after your cleaning”, so as she cleaned my teeth I tried to maintain my concern level and not get worked up over possibly nothing.

Once the cleaning was complete the dentist came in and poked around what I had decided by now was no big deal…I was wrong! I have some sort of abscess that is actually attacking the root of one of my tooth. So this means that I will need a root canal which I am not thrilled about at all! My other concern is that I am completely frustrated at this apparent attack by my body. There are many things that could be wrong with me and realistically this is all small and easily cared for by taking a few more antibiotics for these competing infections and a root canal which I am definitely not looking forward to. All I can do is try to take it easy (never an easy task for a busy Mom) and approach each day with a slow and steady attitude. While my body would like me to stop, I just cannot do that right now.  

My plan today is to go to the doctor, run my errands (which include trying to fill my house with enough food to keep my family going) and then rest. Any Mom worth her salt knows that there is no real time off. Your Mom brain continues making lists when you are sleeping so it certainly is not going to shut down just because you are under attack by infection. Perhaps if I get moving I can knock out all of today’s “Have too” items and get back to resting and slowly and steadily get back to good health.

No comments: