Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Happiness is a Root Canal



After all the build up and worry, yesterday I had my root canal. I am about to say something crazy but…it wasn't that bad! I think the fact that I thought it would be way worse than it was, actually made it better. I did however pop in my ear buds and listen to some quiet classical music to help keep me calm and oh yeah, I had nitrous oxide which kept me from leaping out of the dental chair. Many factors went into making what I feared less dramatic than I expected and a happy side note, now that they have cleared out the infection in my root, I feel much better than I have in days!

I think sometimes expectation can make or break an event. Expecting a surprise and not getting one can definitely break and event. I remember once believing that Mark was going to surprise me, I think it was a birthday. I had it all built up in my head, thinking everything he did was leading to a surprise and when the time came and went and nothing happened my heart was broken, all that time and energy that I spent getting excited about being surprised and then nothing.

It is nice to know that sometimes when you expect something and the opposite happens, it is actually a good thing. Yesterday I thought for sure I was going to be wiped out today, trying to recover. Boy was I wrong! I am a little tired, but I am feeling much better than I have in a week or so. Feeling better coupled with the fact that yesterday’s dental appointment went better than expected plus hearing birds singing outside, makes for a great day and I intend to enjoy it. I hope you enjoy today to!

No comments: