Monday, January 7, 2013

Getting Back at It!


My goal is to start writing again. I make no promises, but my hope is that I will settle back in and bore you with what is going on here once again.

As of today Aly my college student is back on campus after her Christmas break and starting her second semester of college. Avery is back at her high school looking at the downhill slope of her junior year and Ashleigh my oldest and my husband Mark have gone to work. I am ALONE! Sweet quiet except for the washer and dryer working away. I am not worrying about anyone sleeping too late or who will need a car or what every ones plans are today, I am just enjoying being here in my nest all alone.

This morning I am propped at my family computer having handed my little notebook computer off to a friend that has technology savvy sons. My computer became slower and slower and it was in jeopardy of being tossed across the room. For it's own safety I sent it away into capable hands that will hopefully figure out what has taken a hold of it. I am grateful for those who have the ability to understand the inner workings of this amazing technology.

In the midst of my glee over being alone, I am also struggling with the disappointment that an enrichment class in American Sign Language that I was looking forward to taking at our local college has been canceled. I as usual blabbed to anyone that would listen about this class I was going to take and now I sit here feeling foolish and sad. I was looking forward to trying something new and stretching my personal boundaries a little. Instead I am now thinking I should skip the enrichment class and sign up for college...I know I laugh when I read that too! Me...SCHOOL?? Hmmmm or just let it go and move on to the next hair brain scheme.

My family continues to remind me that many of my ideas for self improvement and enrichment, including being employed never actually end well. I am generally very happy staying close to home and following my routine. I thought this class would shake things up for me a little and get me out of my box. Now I find myself climbing back into my box and getting comfortable...very comfortable!

 My youngest has made it clear that she does not need or want my input on things that are coming up for her so maybe its time for me to step back and focus on what I need and want. This is a foreign idea for me. I have focused on someone besides myself for almost 30 years and letting go does not look promising, but I am willing to try. I can at least go to the college and ask some questions, what can it hurt? I of course will put that off until tomorrow so that I can enjoy my solitude for today. I mean really, I do have my priorities!


No comments: