Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Faith in Possibility

I am a positive person I have always looked past the hard times in my life. I spend more time turning things over and trying to make sure I am thinking clearly then what is probably necessary. I am a good friend. God has blessed my life by always placing the right person beside me at the time I need them. Some of the people have been good people and others were great life lessons. I do not look back with regrets. There is always a reason for the place I am standing in my life and I know that if I walk through it and grab the lesson I will get past it. If I linger and lament I will be buried in sadness and frustration.

That being said, I am also a pragmatic person I have always been the type to just say what I need to say. Sometimes that personality trait is a good thing and other times…well, others do not appreciate it. In my younger years I was told I was "a lot like" my Grandmother. This was often said in a way that made me think it was not a positive attribute, but I am still grateful to be the person I am.

When you look back over your life and sift through who you were and who you are now you will always see changes. I like to think that the beauty within shines a little brighter with age and the hard times are a little lighter weight. I also think that in my younger years it was easier to find my optimism. I did not have to look as far to locate the upside of a situation. Perhaps that is from walking life's path and knowing that with every foot fall there is a chance at an obstacle. The other side of this is that as the years have gone by I have learned that whatever path I walk, I am not alone. All I need to do is bow my head and open my heart.

"Everything is possible for the person who has faith." Mark 9:23

Remaining positive and looking ahead, being the friend to others that I would want my friend to be and loving all opportunity good and bad are all part of my faith in possibility. My mistakes are easier to bear when I remember that they are part of the recipe that make-up who I am. This is a lesson I continue to grab but seldom grasp, it is hard to accept that any failing would help but I know I have always learned more from my mistakes than anything else in my life. Perhaps the mistake is actually where possibility and faith collide? Hmmmm, that's something to think about.

No comments: