Thursday, January 24, 2013

Cold!

Recently our area has been experiencing below zero temperatures. This beyond cold, freezing weather has made me uninterested in going outside for any reason. While I do not want to go out, my life does not allow for weather dispensations, so I find myself running to the store, meetings at the school and various other activities that require me to shower and dress. I realize that life cannot stop because I am cold, but I still long for a pajama day where I could snuggle under blankets and stay warm.

I know that if allowed I could become a recluse and wear sweatpants and sweatshirts with no make-up. I am certain that I would be very happy spending my days sitting in a comfy chair surrounded by my animals like some crazed Mother Nature type. There would be a roaring fire and a lap blanket to keep my toes extra warm. There would be no expectations of me because everyone would know I was recluse and they would not bother me. The key here is" if allowed" because honestly I am the one that does not allow myself to become that person.

I am a warm weather kind of gal and this Arctic burst we are experiencing has me coming a little unhinged if you have not been able to tell. My hope is that we get past this bone snapping chill soon. However, I would not mind a little snow so that I can possibly sled with my youngest daughter (if she will let me) or hear the quiet a blanket of snow brings in the early morning. Most of all I just want it to be the kind of winter I want and not the one we have right now…what? Too much to ask?

Today, I must go out. I have commitments to keep and errands to run and the cold is not going away so I will just have to suck it up. Most of all I will spend today looking forward to tonight when I can put on my PJ's and for just a little while pretend I am having a snow day. There will be a cup of hot tea, a good book, some loving animals gathered around and for a little while I will be a cold weather recluse.

No comments: