Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year


It is New Years Eve. Tonight people will be gathering together in excitement over the ball dropping in Times Square and the possibility of the New Year ahead being better than the year behind. There will be large groups and small groups, organized groups and spur of the moment groups. No matter what the celebration or group size the New Year will begin tomorrow morning at 12:01 AM.

 
Ahhhh, the thought of a new year and a new start is exciting. The potential for the coming year to be even better than the last is like the feeling you have after a long day. You climb in bed in anticipation of the next day being a little easier and your rest being just enough.

 
As I look ahead to tomorrow and the New Year I find myself looking forward to the possibility that I can finally put my parents to rest. I hope that all of the estate issues will resolve and that everyone involved can finally move on with their lives. I pray that Mark will find a job and be able to get back to work. These last two weeks have been a whirlwind and it has been easy to stay busy, but next week when life picks up where it left off, he will be faced with lots of time on his hands and I know that for him the possibility of endless amounts of time and a wife with a list of things to be done around the house will be less than appetizing. There is also a daughter graduating from high school in the coming year and many activities and plans ahead. No dull moments are in the coming year.

Here at our home we will all be heading in different directions tonight and in the year to come, but we will all be here for each other when the ball drops and the chips are down. I look forward to a year of challenge and excitement, opportunity and learning. There will be joy and sorrow and it will all be life happening just like it does every day of every year. My hope is that one and all have a safe New Years Eve with family and friends and a prosperous New Year. I also pray that all the challenges you face are conquered and that all the blessings you receive are bountiful. Happy New Year!

No comments: