Tuesday, December 27, 2011

In a Blink

All of the shopping, spending, wrapping and unwrapping are over. In a blink the Christmas holidays are over and the New Year is cresting. In a matter of days we will be faced with a clean slate and the chance to make a new year into a better year for ourselves. Here is a list of ideas I have for myself to make the New Year a better year, perhaps one will strike a chord with you.

  1. Less stress…however I can obtain it.
  2. Letting go of the idea I can change others or how they think.
  3. Loving those that care enough to get who I am and letting go of those that do not get me and want me to change.
  4. Wishing less and making a life with what I am given.
  5. Working on the process of letting go…the past…children…anger…expectations.
  6. Make time for the people that really matter.
  7. Fill my life with…sunshine, candle light, starry skies…looking for light in darkness.
  8. Enjoying the small moments and the big surprises.
  9. Handing God the oars to my boat.
  10. Learn something new, it is time for a challenge

In a blink, time has moved on and standing on the other side of Christmas and the New Year is opportunity. All that is required is to embrace the opportunity and move into the New Year with the understanding that your lists may not be completed and your plans may not turn out like you had hoped, but life happens when we are making other plans so be open to what comes your way whether it is on your list of ways to have a better year or it is a slice of life flung from the sidelines. In the end, you blink and a new year begins whether you are ready or not.

No comments: