Wednesday, October 5, 2011

No Curse No Worries

My husband thinks I am nuts. He feels like my curse worries are unwarranted and that I need to just settle down. He is certain that life is just happening the way it is suppose to and that I had better just saddle up and come along for the ride. I know I might have gone over the edge a little about this, but honestly by now you must know that I am a drama Momma. Seriously, you have read my descriptions of the things my girls say and do, how do you think they got like that?

Yesterday, I received two cards from friends of my Aunt Nina both of whom were at her memorial luncheon last week. They shared with me that my Aunt would have been thrilled with the luncheon and that she loved me and had shared with them how much she appreciated what Mark and I had done for her. For some reason until those notes arrived I was convinced that my Aunt was disappointed in me and that I had let her down, having her friends tell me how much she would have enjoyed the get together seemed to ease my mind, and the fact that Aunt Nina's Grandson took leave from the Marines to come to the internment in September and then did not even show up (because he was still at home sleeping) makes me think that maybe I am not the one that will be cursed if that is actually even a possibility.

I need to get on with my life and not assume that everything that happens has something to do with choices I have made. Who am I kidding anyway? That would give me an awful lot of power and I am certain that I really do not have any power at all. When Mark came home yesterday he told me that we now have an end date for his job of December 16th and when I began to blab once more about my curse he asked me why my curse would affect his fellow employees that will also be faced with their job ending on that date. That is when I finally realized that…wait for it…Mark was RIGHT, I have no control over any of this and the only curse I have is the one I placed on myself by worrying that I had a curse.

Life is going to happen just like it is suppose to. I am not responsible for all the woes of the world and I most certainly have done everything in my power to make sure that Aunt Nina's transition from this life to the next happened with grace and love. It is time to slide on my big girl panties and accept what life has in store purely at face value and stop worrying about there being ulterior motives from some unseen source. I feel like I am on the right track just announcing to the world that Mark is RIGHT. Surely that in its self should bring me some good karma; I have no curses and no worries. Life is throwing us an opportunity for some change and we are lucky enough to be able to handle it. It is time for me to saddle up and ride…Giddy UP!

No comments: