Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Life I Want Most for Myself is…

I am stumped. I have a card from a packet of cards that our church handed out to everyone for a new series of sermons our pastors are doing. We are doing a Strong Challenge to strengthen us spiritually and my card today says "Write a letter to God that begins with the sentence The life I want most for myself is…" The card recommends acknowledging mistakes I have made and also to try to focus more on what a good and beautiful life would look like for me.

So, here I sit wondering. The truth is in spite of the challenges I have faced over the last few years, I believe I am living a great life. However, if I was standing before God I suspect I would feel challenged to push myself a little bit, so here goes:

The life I want most for myself is a life that keeps me in touch with people. I truly enjoy interacting with all types of people and anything that I can do to continue this path in my life would be a blessing. I know that I have shut myself off from dreaming big or believing in myself and I wish that I could move past that. I know that I am not a good example to my children that they should believe in themselves when I do not model this for them.

The life I see ahead for me involves working towards calming the stress and fear that I have and learning to lean more on God and less on my own control. As I see opportunities rise to reclaim myself I will reach for them. I will believe in the power of God and his ability to help shape my life. I hope to be the type of person that can be an example of joy. I would like to be able to always believe that God's will is for our good and that whatever happens in my life that is where I am suppose to be. While I always pronounce my belief that I am where I am suppose to be I still tend to try to grab the rudder and turn the boat myself. I hope and pray that in the weeks, months and years to come I keep my hands to myself and let you God be the captain. I acknowledge that all my blessings have come from you and I continue to feel your love even in my darkest moments. While I feel I am living a wonderful life I also know through you there are more blessings and love then I could ever measure.

Well, maybe I was not as stumped as I thought I was, apparently when you set your mind to it you can see a good and beautiful life for yourself. What don't you give it a try?

No comments: