Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Turning Up the Heat

It is HOT outside, steamy, sticky, HOT! I did not notice the heat to much yesterday as I was in my Aunt's dirty, damp basement for five hours going over pile after pile of papers. The one upside is that I did find the title for my Aunt's car. This has been a quest of ours for the last three weeks. I was just randomly going through a very small pile of receipts that were shoved in a basket inside of another basket and I found the envelope marked "car title" YA WHO!!

Today I will head back to the house once again with Pam and Anna to assist me in hopefully cleaning out the remainder of papers. I have at least twenty hours of paper searches under my belt and 7 full paper boxes plus fifteen of those hours were with the help of two other people and we are still fighting to get control of the paper situation. One thing I know for sure is that when I am done at my Aunt's house, I am going to be slowly reevaluating my own record keeping here. I am certain I am not as out of control as my Aunt and Uncle were, but it is always good to check yourself.

My intention is to get this hard work done in the next few days. Aly's second surgery is next Thursday and the girl's last day of school is Friday. I want to be home so that Aly can spend the few days before surgery having some fun, which means that my car has to be at the ready here at home. This car situation is a whole other ball of wax; we are going to have to look for a car to add to the family transit system. I am sharing my vehicle way too much these days. So heat be damned, I have to get it together and get the heck out of here.

No comments: