Saturday, June 18, 2011

Morning


It is a quiet neighborhood morning at least it was until a few minutes ago when my neighbor decided to start a project that requires a circular saw. I like the quiet mornings when I get so lost in my head that I lose track of time. The birds are singing my pond is trickling and my brain is ticking.

 
All I can ask for today is to stay tucked in my head and enjoy the quiet. I know reality is that I have a patient (Aly) curled up on the coach that I need to get in the shower. I also have a graduation party I need to get ready to go to. Not an overly busy day really, but considering my mood it does seem ambitious. I would be happy sitting here with my cat just resting. Perhaps another cup of coffee is in order this morning.


I do love summer. I love sitting quietly and breathing in the warm air as I look out into the yard. I plan things and settle things and I even do nothing. It all happens in my head, but it makes me feel centered. I have had a fast paced few weeks. I have been going none stop since my Aunt died, trying to make sure that I get everything done so that I can enjoy some summer with my girls. I have found myself kicking myself for signing up for the task of executor of my Aunt Nina's estate. But in the end, I still have summer and even as I battle with myself over this responsibility I can still enjoy it.
 Morning is fading and early afternoon is beginning to move in. If I intend to squeeze in one more cup of coffee I had better get to it. No more time to sit and plan and settle things, it is time to get this day going and get my patient motivated for her shower. But just for a few more minutes I will close my eyes and pretend it is still morning.

No comments: