Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sink or Swim


Everyone grab a floater and join me. I am feeling that I am in over my head with things to do for my life and the lives of my family and even the lives of the deceased of my family. How does this happen to us? I am not alone; I know I am not because I see the faces at the gas station and grocery store. The teeth are clenched and the eyes are frantic at the grocery store each of us scouring the shelves for quick and easy dinner ideas, pushing the grocery carts as if we are all on a kamikaze mission.

 
It is time to sink or swim and I personally am not interested in sinking. What happened? When did life stop being fun and easy going and become so much flipping work? It is all I can do to move forward everyday because a new load of life gets dumped right at my feet. Is it like that for you too?

 
Well, I am determined to bulldoze my way through the next few days trying to accomplish as much as possible so that I can have a little bit of fun and relaxation. I am going to swim, kicking my legs wildly and swinging my arms up and over until I am propelled so far forward that I am ahead of the frantic eyed pack and resting comfortably on my floater. I will not sink. I will not quit. Care to join me for a float down Easy street?

 
That's right, I am not giving up or in, I am standing my ground and getting through every phone call, task, and appointment and shopping trip. I might even make more appointments and shopping trips just to get ahead. At this point I am already frantic and crazy so what can it hurt? A lot of swimming now followed by a nice relaxing float down Easy street later that sounds like a plan. Maybe we will pass at the store or see each other at a distant gas pump and all we will have to do is nod. We will know than that we are comrades in arms, swimming and not sinking, just floating. Life is good!

No comments: