Friday, June 3, 2011

Keep On Truck ‘in

I think it was in the 7o's that the phrase "keep on truck 'in" became popular. I am not quite sure what it actually meant, but my feeling was that it meant that you keep moving forward no matter what. Today is moving forward day. Nonstop have to get it all done moving.

Our family is planning to spend the weekend with my oldest daughter Ashleigh. In addition to that I will have my two young nephews with us. They are between the ages of 4 and 8 and they have never spent the weekend with us before. I cannot even set foot out of the house until I finish a load of laundry, empty the dishwasher, pack my clothes, mow my yard, run to get envelopes and a graduation card (for my other nephews graduation party in Grand Rapids this weekend) shower and dress and do my hair and make-up and pack my "truck". I would really like to get my car washed too, but that may have to wait.

We are looking forward to hanging out with Ashleigh and our nephews, but it feels like we have been in constant motion lately and that we are always "truck 'in". We are all tired and feeling overbooked and underappreciated. My hope is that a short get away will get us back on track but looking ahead to next week's calendar makes me feel a little doubtful. Persistence and resistance will be our greatest resource right now. Since my days agenda is jam packed you will forgive me if I keep this short and sweet and get going on my nonstop have to get it all done day.

No comments: