Friday, August 13, 2010

Day 355 The Perfect Mom Project


Todays photo is a common look I get from my lovely girls...
Aly got the call yesterday and she heard the words all teenagers (actually everybody) are thrilled to hear…you're hired! She was thrilled. Forget that, I was thrilled! I was starting to get very tired of handing over an endless supply of cash to someone that does not understand where money really comes from. It will be good to see her go off to work and get a feel for what makes America tick. She will hopefully start to understand that when Mom pulls a dollar out of her wallet and closes it, another dollar does not grow back in its place.

 
This will be an interesting experience for all of us. She will only be working at this local orchard for about two months or so. It will be hard work, and she will also be going to school soon. This will take planning, but I think we can do it. I once interviewed two women that I knew that were very busy. One of the things that they had in common was the fact that the busier they were, the more they both accomplished. I am hoping that Aly will be able to handle it all. I encouraged her to try for this job, because I thought that she could work for the next few weeks and save up the money so that she would have something to draw on throughout the year. I am hoping my plan works. It would be nice to keep my wallet in my purse a little more often.

 

My youngest Avery is off camping with some friends, she will not be back until Tuesday. I have had a text or two from her, and she did call and talk with Mark last night about 11:00 PM, but I was outside trying to get a glimpse of the shooting stars and northern lights that were suppose to light up the sky. I missed her call then, and I missed it this morning. Now I am starting to feel guilty. I just want to hear her voice and know that she is OK. I know and trust the family she is with, but I still want to hear her voice for myself and check in with her.

 
Tomorrow night Aly is spending the night at a friend's house, and tonight Aly is going to a bonfire at another friend's house. Mark and I will be alone. I have asked that he take me out to dinner tomorrow night and I am looking forward to being with Mark and not looking at my watch and worrying about getting home to the girls. We are getting more and more of those random alone times. I think it is good training for us. With Ashleigh as part of our family from the beginning of our life together, we have never just been us. When we do get time alone together it is very precious and when the time comes for our nest to be empty, I know we will be ready for some time together. That is assuming that Aly and Avery will continue through college and come out gainfully employed of course. Aly getting a job is a good sign and I believe that puts her on the right track, now we just have to work on Avery. She is still a little young to work, but I think I might talk it up just the same. I do not want her getting the idea that Mom and Dad are the only gravy train in town. With some hard work and effort she too can be a functioning member of our home and society! I am on a roll...a Mom with a mission, and it feels good!

No comments: