Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 344 The Perfect Mom Project


The view from our room...
As I sit looking out at the beach this morning I am watching the drizzling rain dampen our getaway plans. We are holding out hope that the weather radar we watched will hold true and we will see some partial sun by early afternoon. In the mean time Mom needs to come up with a plan to keep the kids feeling like they are still on vacation. No easy task, it's not like I can hand them a coloring book and crayons, these are young women who were planning to lie on the beach all day. I will have to be clever with this one.

 
Mark and I had planned to check out a couple of local wineries in the area, and now we are thinking perhaps we will drag the girls along just to see the scenery. While that would not be my first choice for my teenage daughters, it is one of the few options we have. I really do not want to poke around a mall I can do that at home. The upside to this roll of the weather dice is that we are able to look at other options besides sitting and staring out our hotel room patio door at the rain. My entire family has just stepped out to grab some breakfast, and I am going to seize this chance to shower and get myself ready for whatever the day has in store.

No comments: