Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 351 The Perfect Mom Project

Wow, Day 351! I am defiantly on the downhill side of this project. My gut is telling me that I have some evaluating to do in the next few days. I need to start looking back at my year and reviewing where I have been and if I have made any maternal progress. This will not happen today though. Today, I am off to see Aunt Nina and I am "making" the girls come along. I know that they do not have a fabulous time when we go to see her, but I really think it is important that they spend time with her even if it is just for a few minutes.

I am not feeling very reflective or thoughtful today. I am hoping to visit with Aunt Nina and then head home to get a few things done around my house. It is starting to alarm me that summer is coming to an end. We have put off doing so many things around our house this year because it has been so hot and humid. The conditions for some of our projects just have not been right. Finally on Saturday we were able to get the garage cleaned out and hopefully sometime this week our shed, but now there is a sense of urgency about the projects, similar to the urgency I am feeling about this Perfect Mom Project. Will I get it all figured out before time runs out? Can I have a clean shed and be a perfect Mom too?

I guess I will have to just put my mind to this and see where I end up. I sometimes work better under pressure, so we shall see how this all goes. Mean while, I have to eat my breakfast and get laundry in the dryer, feed the dogs and take them out, wake Avery up and get her moving then shower and get dressed to leave. It is just another lazy day at my house. I suppose if I was not so busy being "lazy" I could get more done. Just another day of working towards perfection, wish me luck!

No comments: