Friday, September 6, 2013

Window on the World

I am looking through brand new shiny windows. After 16 years of dingy not so great windows, I’m enjoying a new clear view. I survived four window men traipsing through my house, endless banging and mess everywhere and it was worth it all! I have a new window on the world.

It’s funny how our perspective changes as we make our way through things. You start out with anxiety, go a little way in and realize it is not so bad. You keep working your way through, cringe a little at random difficult moments and you end up on the other side of the tough stuff. Looking back you see where you came from and you are amazed at what you have accomplished. What seemed impossible turns to possible and you made it that way.

Sometimes putting up with a rough patch turns into a personal heroic moment. You learn all about who you are and what you can handle. Obviously, getting windows does not make me a hero, but I am proud of myself for not letting the stress of the chaos overwhelm me. I just hung in there and focused on the end result.

Today as I gaze outside I can see more clearly. I am not focused on the window and what is wrong with it; I am focused on the beauty that is outside, the sun, the flowers and the blue sky. It’s a new window on my world and I have a clear view.

No comments: