Friday, September 13, 2013

Facebook

It is one of those days. I have been racking my brain and poking around for something to write about and nothing is coming to mind. I am empty headed. Some days are like that I get all set in my writing chair, pull out my computer and sit. Then I stare and pet my dogs and pet my cat. Next I stare out the window, check my email and sadly I admit I go on Facebook
.
Facebook is a problem for me. I like being connected to many friends from different parts of my life. I like reading the inspiring quotes and the happy goings on of my friends. I do not like that I have accepted “friends” on Facebook that I really do not want to be friends with or that feel that I need to know their very strong opinions about things like politics. For the record, believe what you want to believe, live like you want to live, but do not pound your fist of my Facebook page about these things. I want to be your friend, but when you are disrespectful to our president or point out a friend that you are angry with or even assume that your faith and your religion are stronger or better than anyone else’s I start to question our friendship.

I say all of these things, yet I am bored and then I click on Facebook. Not once a day or even twice, but ten or fifteen times a day. Many of those times, I become aggravated because one of my so called friends has stepped across my boundaries. I do this to myself and I can blame no one but me. Even though I know when I click the little Facebook icon I am probably going to be annoyed…CLICK and then AGH!

Obviously I have a problem. This mindless form of entertainment is not worth this much of my time. Actually maybe my coming out to you about this will help me check myself. Nah, that’s a lie. I am full out addicted. This is crazy if you knew you were uncomfortable in a pair of shoes, would you keep wearing them? Of course not! I am uncomfortable on Facebook and I still try it on everyday…ALL day.

I am going to spend the next few days stepping back from this bane of social media. I do not care to be constantly swept up into the meaningless nonsense and I certainly do not want to know what crazy wackadoddle things you think about really important stuff. It just makes me not like you and then we cannot be “friends”.


You see, just when I thought my brain was empty of any thoughts I surprise myself with some random rant. You are so lucky you happened to check in at The Deeper Pond today. Sorry you stepped into the shallow end.

No comments: